From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone here running MythTV (frontend only?)
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 11:35:07
1 On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 23:10 +1200, Nick Rout wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 00:08 -0400, Justin Hart wrote:
3 > > > Oh, I see your question. I asked this myself a few months ago. Yes -
4 > > > it does assume thee's a backend somewhere on the network, but
5 > > > apparently you have to have MySQL on the frontend machine also to be
6 > > > able to send MySQL commands to the backend. All the 'frontendonly' USE
7 > > > flag does (I think - I've never read the ebuild) is to not build the
8 > > > actual backend code. It still requires MySQL be installed because it
9 > > > assumes you will talk to a MySQL based backend.
10 > > >
11 > >
12 > > That wasn't his question. We wants to play video, but not record
13 > > video. He wants to run the frontend with no backend anywhere.
16 > in point of fact there must be a mysql server to connect to somewhere on
17 > the network. mysql stores the frontend settings. AFAIK you do not
18 > actually need the backend running, but you do need the mysql server
19 > running.
20 >
21 Yep.. got mysql running and mythtv comes up.
22
23 > Now back to the point, did the OP set the directory where his video
24 > files reside in the mythtv setup?
25
26 Yeah.. I set it up but unfortunately the browser doesn't recognise any
27 of the files. I'm not sure why.
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list