From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Local mail server
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 14:41:23
1 On 30/07/2020 14:28, Remco Rijnders wrote:
2 > On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 01:48:05PM +0100, antlists wrote in
3 > <f143bfa0-f0c9-c0da-d160-91183a41a4d3@××××××××××××.uk>:
4 >> I don't think an ISP is supposed to allocate less ...
5 >
6 > I think your original message was open for multiple interpretations,
7 > or at least I read it as you saying there are 32 bit addresses the ISP
8 > allocates from. I now see the alternate one and the one you probably
9 > intended that there is 32 bits worth of /64's to hand out to
10 > customers. I'm sorry for misunderstanding at first.
11 >
12 > Yes, a mimimum of /64 is what is recommended (and needed to make
13 > stateless auto configuration work on the customers end). Whether the
14 > /64 you get allocated is dynamic or static, can still depend on the
15 > ISP's practises and business model.
16 >
17 No problem. Many people aren't native English speakers (and I can get a
18 little bit hot under the collar when Americans claim to speak English
19 :-) so I have no problem with mis-understandings.
20
21 Besides English I speak three other languages ranging from "get by" to
22 "struggling", so I well understand all the problems caused by implicit
23 nuances, differences in grammar, different mind-sets etc :-)
24
25 Cheers,
26 Wol