From: "Remco Rijnders" <remco@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Local mail server
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 13:29:30
1 On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 01:48:05PM +0100, antlists wrote in
2 <f143bfa0-f0c9-c0da-d160-91183a41a4d3@××××××××××××.uk>:
3 >I don't think an ISP is supposed to allocate less ...
4
5 I think your original message was open for multiple interpretations,
6 or at least I read it as you saying there are 32 bit addresses the ISP
7 allocates from. I now see the alternate one and the one you probably
8 intended that there is 32 bits worth of /64's to hand out to
9 customers. I'm sorry for misunderstanding at first.
10
11 Yes, a mimimum of /64 is what is recommended (and needed to make
12 stateless auto configuration work on the customers end). Whether the
13 /64 you get allocated is dynamic or static, can still depend on the
14 ISP's practises and business model.
15
16 Cheers,
17