From: Lucas Ramage <ramage.lucas94@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mutt, with USE="gpg", can't open a signed message
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 18:21:19
1 I recently had some troubles with mutt and gpg. I eventually switched to neomutt with gpgme.
2
3 On April 20, 2018 6:18:57 PM UTC, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
4 >mutt couldn't handle the message from Klaus Ethgen, listed in menu
5 >as...
6 >
7 >Apr 19 Klaus Ethgen (1.5K) [gentoo-user] emerge colors and light
8 >background
9 >
10 > Trying to open it gave following message in status line at bottom...
11 >
12 >Could not copy message
13 >
14 > Google searching found other people with the same problem, only with
15 >signed messages. There was speculation about mutt and gpg not working
16 >together well, but no solutions specified. I came up with a rather
17 >heavy-handed solution.
18 >
19 > I originally had the "gpg" USE flag enabled for mail-client/mutt in
20 >package.use. Setting "-gpg" for mutt, and rebuilding "solves the
21 >problem", at the cost of removing gpg functionality. Just a heads up
22 >in
23 >case anybody else runs into the same problem.
24 >
25 >--
26 >Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
27 >I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications