From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox crashes on some www-pages on a newer Gentoo system
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2018 16:05:36
1 On Friday, 7 September 2018 16:32:40 BST gevisz wrote:
2 > пт, 27 июл. 2018 г. в 18:30, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>:
3 > > This looks like a radeon video driver problem. You could go into a loop
4 > > of
5 > > rebuilding xorg, mesa, dev-libs/nss, what-ever and see if things improve,
6 > > or you could wait for/keyword later versions of these packages.
7 >
8 > Just now, I have finished updating my system. It was after a more than
9 > a month of not doing so because of the summer heat. So, there was
10 > a lot of packages to update, including mesa.
11 >
12 > After the update, the problem with firefox crashing on privat24.ua
13 > logging page dissappeared. So, it looks like your advise to rebuild
14 > xorg, mesa, etc. was right. Thank you.
15
16 You're welcome. I've been bitten by similar problems in the past and quite
17 often there is no way out other than reverting an update and waiting for a
18 later more polished version of a package.
19
20 Something else I came across causing FF crashes here, was a bug with profile-
21 sync-daemon (recent thread of mine refers). I don't know if you use psd, but
22 I wasn't aware of this psd bug when you posted about your problems. I only
23 mention it now as another thing to check next time you have FF crashing on
24 you.
27 Regards,
28 Mick