From: Matthias Fechner <idefix@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: must not (was Re: [gentoo-user] Raid reports wrong size)
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 09:05:05
1 Hi Paul,
2
3 Paul Hartman wrote:
4 > 1 a: be commanded or requested to <you must stop> b: be urged to :
5 > ought by all means to <you must read that book>
6 >
7 > 2: be compelled by physical necessity to <one must eat to live> : be
8 > required by immediate or future need or purpose to <we must hurry to
9 > catch the bus>
10 >
11 > 3 a: be obliged to : be compelled by social considerations to <I must
12 > say you're looking well> b: be required by law, custom, or moral
13 > conscience to <we must obey the rules> c: be determined to <if you
14 > must go at least wait for me> d: be unreasonably or perversely
15 > compelled to <why must you argue>
16 >
17 > 4: be logically inferred or supposed to <it must be time>
18 >
19 > 5: be compelled by fate or by natural law to <what must be will be>
20 >
21 > 6: was or were presumably certain to : was or were bound to <if he did
22 > it she must have known>
23 >
24 > 7dialect : may , shall —used chiefly in questions
25
26 hehe thats really interesting :)
27 But set this option in the kernel fixed my problem :)
28 And no, I´m not running a 64bit kernel, that brings no advantage for the
29 system.
30
31 Thanks a lot for the small language lesson.
32
33 Have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
34
35 TIA,
36 Matthias
39 "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
40 build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to
41 produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." --
42 Rich Cook