From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoos community communication rant
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 23:42:55
1 On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 08:42:40 +1000 Jake Moe <jakesaddress@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Everyone's got their preference; some like mailing lists and come here.
4 > Others like forums and go there. Still others prefer IRC.
5 >
6 > Also, a quick Google search of "gentoo newsgroup" showed me
7 > alt.os.linux.gentoo, and that it's been posted to as recently as less
8 > than a month ago. What's wrong with that newsgroup?
9 >
10 > And I, for one at least, use Thunderbird to read my e-mail; the
11 > interface is pretty much the same for mail and news. A little
12 > configuration change and I'd be using news. But I like the mailing
13 > list, not newsgroups. (shrug)
14
15 And for those who like newsgroups, gmane is available.