From: bn <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: sky2 , kernel 2.6.31, macbook pro and connection hiccups
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 21:15:49
1 walt ha scritto:
2 > On 01/02/2010 09:52 AM, bn wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >> I upgraded recently my Macbook Pro to gentoo-sources 2.6.31 and I have
5 >> annoying network hiccups which I didn't have with the old 2.6.24.
6 >
7 > By that you mean the chip works, but prints error messages that you
8 > didn't see before?
9
10 Ehm, no, it disconnects randomly every about ~5 minutes, and then comes
11 back.
12
13 > Looking at the kernel commit logs for the sky2 driver, I see hundreds
14 > of changes since 2.6.24, so this driver is very actively developed.
15 > I would try building a vanilla kernel somewhere between 6.24 and 6.31
16 > and see if it makes any difference.
17
18 Well, yes, this "brute force" approach could theoretically help, but if
19 there's any chance of narrowing down this I'd be happy. I don't exactly
20 have the time to recompile 7 kernel versions and try until I find the
21 golden one.
22
23 thanks,
24 m.