From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: sky2 , kernel 2.6.31, macbook pro and connection hiccups
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 19:09:55
1 On 01/02/2010 09:52 AM, bn wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I upgraded recently my Macbook Pro to gentoo-sources 2.6.31 and I have
4 > annoying network hiccups which I didn't have with the old 2.6.24.
5
6 By that you mean the chip works, but prints error messages that you
7 didn't see before?
8
9 Looking at the kernel commit logs for the sky2 driver, I see hundreds
10 of changes since 2.6.24, so this driver is very actively developed.
11 I would try building a vanilla kernel somewhere between 6.24 and 6.31
12 and see if it makes any difference.