From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 200MB waste from /usr/share/locale ?
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2011 08:48:53
1 On Tuesday 29 Nov 2011 01:40:26 Dale wrote:
2 > Sebastian Pipping wrote:
3 > > On 11/28/2011 02:41 AM, Mike Edenfield wrote:
4 > >> Since I didn't write it at work it's all yours. :)
5 > >
6 > > Thanks. Posted here:
7 > >
8 > > https://blog.hartwork.org/?p=1516
9 > >
10 > > Best,
14 > > Sebastian
15 >
16 > *cough cough* Maybe a good burp too. I get this:
17 >
18 > This Connection is Untrusted
21 > You have asked SeaMonkey to connect
22 > securely to blog.hartwork.org, but we can't confirm that your connection
23 > is secure.
24 > Normally, when you try to connect securely,
25 > websites will present trusted identification to prove that you are
26 > going to the right place. However, this website's identity can't be
27 > verified.
28 >
29 > What Should I Do?
30 >
31 > If you usually connect to
32 > this website without problems, this error could mean that someone is
33 > trying to impersonate the website, and you shouldn't continue.
34 >
35 > Technical Details
36 >
37 > I Understand the Risks
38 >
39 > If you understand what's going on, you
40 > can tell SeaMonkey to start trusting this website's identification.
41 > Even if you trust the website, this error could mean that someone is
42 > tampering with your connection.
43 > Don't add an exception unless
44 > you know there's a good reason why this website doesn't use trusted
45 > identification.
48 > Just thought I would let you know in case you don't see that on your end.
49 >
50 > Dale
51 >
52 > :-) :-)
53 >
54 > P. S. I guess I trust you. lol
55
56 The server IP address (and certificate name) resolves to pj.goodpoint.de.
57
58 The website does not have its own FQDN SSL certificate and this is why the
59 warning comes up. You are not be connecting to the website name that
60 certificate was issued for.
61 --
62 Regards,
63 Mick