From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Keyboard hangs after wake up from hinernation
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 20:22:43
1 On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 9:14 PM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I run my IBM model M keyboard (1987 :) via a Belkin USB->PS2
5 > converter.
6 >
7 > This results in a problem
8 >
9 >   Sometimes after wakeup from supsend to disk (supend to RAM is not
10 >   check yet) the keyboard "hangs": All LEDs are flashing and not key
11 >   is accepted. "Power cycling" via USB plug helps. I am using
12 >   sys-power/hibernate-script for hibernation. I listed the usb-ohci
13 >   as module wich gets unloaded/loaded while hibernation/wake-up in
14 >   /etc/hibernate/common.conf which helps in most but not all cases.
17 > Since power cycling the keyboard help: Is there a way to do this via
18 > software/script when hibernate wakes the PC?
19
20 I don't think there's any way to physically power off the device, but
21 maybe you can use USB power management to suspend it and then turn it
22 back on? It'll still technically have power the whole time but, who
23 knows, maybe it'll work for your case?