From: Jason Weisberger <jbdubbs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Hardware Problems causing kernel panics during large compiles
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 18:37:41
1 >   First, great that it's working, whatever that means exactly.
2 >
3 >   Second, please try to bottom post if you can.
4 >
5 >   Third, if you can relate in just a few words what you actually did
6 > to fix the problems so far it may aid people searching in the future.
7 >
8 > Cheers,
9 > Mark
10
11 Well, it's boiled down to either the motherboard or the graphics card
12 due to the fact that everything compiles properly and there are no
13 blue screens or kernel panics after removing the 9800GT. I'm going to
14 get my hands on an HD 4850 from a buddy of mine and try compiling and
15 playing with that. If it crashes again, it's motherboard. If not,
16 it's probably my card. Whether it's the PCI-E slot or northbridge
17 taking a dump on the motherboard is irrelevant to me, I'll just get a
18 new board.
19
20 I'll know by the end of this week. I can update with which way it went.
25 Jason Weisberger
26 jbdubbs@×××××.com