From: Michael Hampicke <gentoo-user@××××.biz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Breakage from recent updates to gnome-3.6 on ~amd64
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 13:51:47
1 On 03.01.2013 02:11, walt wrote:
2 > I use mostly the cinnamon fork of gnome-shell but I also give gnome-shell
3 > a try occasionally just to annoy myself :)
4 >
5 > The gnome updates from Jan 1-2 caused me a bit of trouble, but I'm making
6 > progress that might help some of you:
7 >
8 > First, the addition of gstreamer-1.0 is now installed along side the
9 > old gstreamer-0.10, which apparently has broken rhythmbox. At first I
10 > thought that sound support was broken completely but after a few hours
11 > of frustration I found the breakage is confined to rhythmbox and a bug
12 > report is already filed.
13
14 For gstreamer-1.0: make sure that all your installed
15 media-plugins/gst-plugins-* packages for slot 0.10 are also installed in
16 slot 1.0
17 You may have to install them manually.