From: rocwhite168 <rocwhite168@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: kernel configuration problem -- genkernel: no irq handler; manual config: root filesystem could not be mounted r/w
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 19:19:04
In Reply to: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: kernel configuration problem -- genkernel: no irq handler; manual config: root filesystem could not be mounted r/w by Bill Longman
1 Bill Longman <bill.longman <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > Yikes. Sorry, I didn't look back through the thread.
5 >
6 > Did you notice that you have an extra zero in your CONFIG_PHYSICAL:
7 >
8 > CONFIG_PHYSICAL_START=0x1000000
9 > # CONFIG_RELOCATABLE is not set
10 > CONFIG_PHYSICAL_ALIGN=0x1000000
11 >
12 > The default is 0x100000 for x86.
15 Thanks for your suggestion! I tried and it seems the previous
16 problem disappeared but it throws out another error:
17
18 "Root-NFS: No NFS server available, giving up.
19 VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying floppy.
20 VFS: Cannot open root device "sda5" or unknown-block(2,0)
21 Please append ac correct "root=" boot option; here are the
22 available partitions:
23 Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on
24 unknown-block(2,0)
25 Pid: 1, comm: swapper Not tainted 2.6.31-gentoo-r10 #2"
26
27 I searched the Internet for a while, but still can't find any solutions.
28 The root partition is definitely sda5, as also specified in the fstab file.