From: Gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] re: sys-power/upower-pm-utils
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2014 08:32:13
1 On Tue, 03 Jun 2014 14:38:34 +0300
2 Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
5 > On 03/06/14 14:30, J. Roeleveld wrote:
6 > > Sounds like Samuli is being a pr*ck by forcing systemd on everyone
7 > > now. A proper solution would have been to have the upower ebuild
8 > > select systemd as a dependency ONLY when the systemd useflag is set.
9 > > And depend on upower-pm-utils when it is not set. -- Joost
10 >
11 > First of all, you should check your tone and secondly, you are clearly
12 > not understanding the situation as you are oversimplifying a complex
13 > situation.
14 > For example, Xfce works on non-systemd systems with any of these
15 > UPower versions, so forcing upower-pm-utils with USE="-systemd" would
16 > simply be bogus.
17
18 It is simply not true. I use xfce and still I could not update my world
19 just because some systemd-dependent guys think that they can force
20 everybody else to use it.
21
22 > If you are looking for a system that decides everything for you, and
23 > doesn't give you options what to install, you are propably better off
24 > using some binary distribution with smaller set of possibilities.
25
26 I look for the system that can clearly update itself, not trying to sell
27 me something that I do not need after I have clearly decided for the
28 default package before.