From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Quoting styles
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 17:19:49
1 Holly Bostick schrieb:
2 > Alexander Skwar schreef:
3 >> Dale schrieb:
4
5 >>> Well, I'm trying to find out where to change it in Mozilla.
6 >>
7 >> Change "what" in Mozilla? There's nothing that you can change.
8 >
9 > Oh for Pete's sake, Alexander. You can so change stuff in Mozilla-- it's
10 > a *software suite*, containing a web browser/irc client, a mail client
11 > and a web
12 > composition utility.
13
14 Well, sure you can change stuff in Mozilla. No doubt :)
15
16 But there's nothing in Mozilla (or any programm) that you
17 can change, so that proper quotation is used. That's just
18 not possible, as it involves selectively deleting unrequired
19 parts and inserting the quote at the right spot.
20
21 A program just cannot do this.
22
23 > I presume Dale was referring to the Mozilla mail component,
24
25 Yes, that's what I presume as well.
26
27 >> You just read and insert your comments where appropriate and delete
28 >> what's no longer relevant.
29 >
30 > Consider a nice walk, a beer, or other relaxing activity. Please.
31
32 How does that fit to what I wrote?
33
34 What I wrote is just a short summary about how proper
35 quotation should be done. Is it factual wrong what I
36 wrote?
37
38 Alexander Skwar
39 --