From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub and what happens exactly when booting.
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 22:14:46
1 On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 22:03:20 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > In case it helps, here's the relevant part of my fstab:
4 >
5 > /dev/sda1 /boot ext2 noatime,noauto 1 2
6 > /dev/md3 / ext4 noatime 1 1
7 > /dev/vg1/home /home ext4 noatime
8 > 1 2
9
10 A word of advice when starting from scratch, give your VG(s) unique
11 names. I've seen what happens when someone takes a drive from
12 one Fedora system and puts it in another, so there are two VGs called
13 vg01. It ain't nice (only one is seen, usually not the one you want).
14
15 I prefer to give my VGs names related to the hostname, so it's perfectly
16 clear where they came from and no risk of name collisions if I have to
17 attach the drive to another computer.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Happiness is merely the remission of pain.