From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub and what happens exactly when booting.
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 23:50:33
1 On Friday 16 September 2011 23:13:27 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > A word of advice when starting from scratch, give your VG(s) unique
4 > names. I've seen what happens when someone takes a drive from
5 > one Fedora system and puts it in another, so there are two VGs called
6 > vg01. It ain't nice (only one is seen, usually not the one you want).
7
8 That would be nasty, yes, but here at home I don't expect to be switching
9 disks around between machines.
10
11 I did give a bit of thought to a VG naming scheme, but although several
12 ideas came up, nothing was clearly the best so I left them at vg1 and vg2.
15 Rgds
16 Peter Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23