From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] BUG: using smp_processor_id() in preemptible [00000000] code: X/4018
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 22:36:30
1 On Sunday 30 January 2011 12:40:29 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I haven't used the closed source ATI driver for long but I don't
4 > remember seeing this dmesg error before. It's not high priority for me
5 > as I'll be switching out the graphics card to an NVidia card hopefully
6 > tomorrow, but is this something that should get reported somewhere, or
7 > is it just the nature of the fglrx driver? Or maybe I've not
8 > configured the kernel as well as it could before this driver?
9 >
10 > Kernel is 2.6.36-gentoo-r6, ati-drivers-10.11.
11 >
12 > I did do a modules-rebuild -X rebuild and reboot to ensure it's
13 > repeatable.
14 >
15 > I suspect the LKML doesn't want this report as it's a closed source
16 > driver. Do the XFree guys want it?
17
18 certainly not. You don't use anything from Xfree.
19
20 > AMD maybe?
23 certainly. If you can reproduce it with a vanilla kernel.
24 Because I don't see anything like this with vanilla kernels.