From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fluxbox + wmdockapps ?
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 20:02:19
1 On Sunday 13 September 2009, Jesús Guerrero wrote:
2 > On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 16:46:21 +0200, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > > meino.cramer@×××.de <meino.cramer@×××.de> [09-09-13 16:22]:
4 > >> Hi,
5 > >>
6 > >> I thought that I had understood some informations given
7 > >> by sites of the internet that fluxbox's slit can handle
8 > >> wmdockapps (wmnetload for example).
9 > >> I installed fluxbox and could use slit via ob-mda, wich
10 > >> are openbox dockapps. So slit is working.
11 > >>
12 > >> I can start wmnetload without any error but also
13 > >> without any effect.
14 > >>
15 > >> Do I have the wrong informations or is it generally
16 > >> not working, what I am trying to do?
17
18 > > Sorry, wrong alert! :)
19 > >
20 > > suddenly it works...why? dont know...
21 > > Probably there is an error in front of my
22 > > keyboard...
23 >
24 > Hehe, well, some of these plugins are a bit weird. Also, make sure
25 > you check the command line options, some of them might need to be
26 > launched with a special flag (usually -w) to be in withdrawn/
27 > embeddable mode.
28
29 This may be irrelevant since you say it works now, but I prefer wmnd. Just
30 add it in ~/.fluxbox/startup like so:
31
32 wmnd -c orange -I eth0,wlan0,irda0,ppp0 &
33
34 with your relevant ifaces that you want to monnitor.
35 --
36 Regards,
37 Mick