From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Image viewer with brightness/contrast adjustments
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 23:40:47
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> 100325 Dale wrote:
4 >>> Philip Webb wrote:
5 >>>> 100325 Dale wrote:
6 >>>>> Does someone here use something that is fast to load, small,
7 >>>>> will work with KDE and adjust brightness/contrast
8 >>>> 'geeqie'
9 >>> I installed it but can't find any brightness/contrast controls.
10 >>> Do I have to do something to enable them or something?
11 >>> [ebuild N ] media-gfx/geeqie-1.0_beta2-r1 USE="exif -lcms -lirc -xmp"
12 >>> Is the lcms option needed for this?
13 >>> It is color management according to 'euse -i'.
14 >> Sorry, I remembered the color management stuff (I have 'lcms')& assumed
15 >> it also handled brightness/contrast, but on further inspection, it
16 >> doesn't.
17 >>
18 >> Krita claims to manipulate images, but I don't have it installed.
21 > That's OK. I installed it and have to admit it looked nice. I like
22 > GIMP to but it is seriously overkill for this. I'm going to try Krita
23 > and see what it looks like.
24 >
25 > Dale
26 >
27 > :-) :-)
30 I got this installed but this is about like GIMP. It takes a while to
31 load and is somewhat complicated to me, although it looks really nice.
32 It took about 30 seconds just to open the brightness/contrast tool. The
33 app took about a minute or two which is about like GIMP.
34
35 Anything simpler than this? The old Kview, I think that was the name,
36 opens in just a few seconds and was really easy to use. It was simple
37 and fast.
38
39 In case someone else runs up on this, it pulls in a lot of dependencies
40 too. I use kde-meta and it still pulled in several other packages. If
41 you don't like GIMP, this is worth looking into.
42
43 I have days where I just want to keep using KDE3. :/
44
45 Dale
46