From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to poweroff the system from user?
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 20:11:11
1 Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On Saturday, April 04, 2015 2:41:12 PM lee wrote:
4 >> I always can't remember which keys to press with that, so I have it
5 >> disabled.
6 >>
7 >> And when the keyboard is unresponsive, it won't work.
8 >
9 > It will in many cases (probably most). Usually it's xorg that "freezes" the
10 > keyboard, in those cases ctrl-alt-sysrq-r followed by ctrl-alt-f1 should get
11 > you to the VT where you can restart xorg. I think the kernel needs to be
12 > completely locked with interrupts disabled or locked in a higher priority
13 > interrupt (unlikely) for it not to work or the USB stack totally broken. I can
14 > see some of the commands failing or even completely locking the kernel if
15 > something's really messed up.
16
17 How do you remember these keys? A long time ago, I even printed a list,
18 and of course, it got lost before I ever came close to needing it.
19 Paper is just too volatile.
23 Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
24 might swallow us. Finally, this fear has become reasonable.