From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to poweroff the system from user?
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 21:27:48
1 On Tue, 07 Apr 2015 21:21:38 +0200, lee wrote:
2
3 > > It will in many cases (probably most). Usually it's xorg that
4 > > "freezes" the keyboard, in those cases ctrl-alt-sysrq-r followed by
5 > > ctrl-alt-f1 should get you to the VT where you can restart xorg. I
6 > > think the kernel needs to be completely locked with interrupts
7 > > disabled or locked in a higher priority interrupt (unlikely) for it
8 > > not to work or the USB stack totally broken. I can see some of the
9 > > commands failing or even completely locking the kernel if something's
10 > > really messed up.
11 >
12 > How do you remember these keys?
13
14 BUSIER backwards, or bookmark
15 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_SysRq_key in your phone's browser :)
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 Q. What is the difference between Queensland and yoghurt?
21 A. Yoghurt has an active culture.