From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to poweroff the system from user?
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 20:51:18
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > On Tue, 07 Apr 2015 21:21:38 +0200, lee wrote:
4 >
5 >> > It will in many cases (probably most). Usually it's xorg that
6 >> > "freezes" the keyboard, in those cases ctrl-alt-sysrq-r followed by
7 >> > ctrl-alt-f1 should get you to the VT where you can restart xorg. I
8 >> > think the kernel needs to be completely locked with interrupts
9 >> > disabled or locked in a higher priority interrupt (unlikely) for it
10 >> > not to work or the USB stack totally broken. I can see some of the
11 >> > commands failing or even completely locking the kernel if something's
12 >> > really messed up.
13 >>
14 >> How do you remember these keys?
15 >
16 > BUSIER backwards, or bookmark
17 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_SysRq_key in your phone's browser :)
18
19 Phone's browser?
23 Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
24 might swallow us. Finally, this fear has become reasonable.