From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recent changes to install procedure
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2019 17:35:29
1 Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > On Sat, Aug 03, 2019 at 11:15:56AM -0500, Dale wrote
3 >
4 >> It's been a long time since I did a install but I was thinking the same
5 >> as you. For us users, it doesn't need to be set at all from what I
6 >> recall.
7 > I had to set bindist for the listed packages. Otherwise, they refused
8 > to build, period. The error message said that bindist had to be set. I
9 > did that, and they built properly.
12 I have openssl and openssh installed here without bindest being set.
13 It's been that way for longer than I can recall.  Perhaps another USE
14 flag is making it require that??  Some other package that I don't have
15 installed maybe?
16
17 Maybe Mick will have a idea, or someone else.  I'm not sure what is up
18 with that.
19
20 Dale
21