From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recent changes to install procedure
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2019 18:40:17
1 On Sat, Aug 03, 2019 at 12:35:20PM -0500, Dale wrote
2
3 > I have openssl and openssh installed here without bindest being set.
4 > It's been that way for longer than I can recall. Perhaps another USE
5 > flag is making it require that?? Some other package that I don't have
6 > installed maybe?
7 >
8 > Maybe Mick will have a idea, or someone else. I'm not sure what is up
9 > with that.
10
11 This is getting "curiouser and curiouser". I remember somewhere
12 during the install, a message about how stage3 had been built with
13 "bindist" flag set. After tweaking make.conf to my specs, I rebuilt the
14 entire system "emerge -e @system" (148 packages). Now those packages
15 build fine without the "bindist" flag. Actually, iw didn't require a
16 rebuild at all. (I used "emerge --changed-use --deep --update @world")
19 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
20 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications