From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recent changes to install procedure
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2019 20:45:52
1 On Sat, 3 Aug 2019 14:39:56 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > This is getting "curiouser and curiouser". I remember somewhere
4 > during the install, a message about how stage3 had been built with
5 > "bindist" flag set. After tweaking make.conf to my specs, I rebuilt the
6 > entire system "emerge -e @system" (148 packages). Now those packages
7 > build fine without the "bindist" flag. Actually, iw didn't require a
8 > rebuild at all. (I used "emerge --changed-use --deep --update @world")
9
10 A stage 3 is a binary distribution, so it has to be built with bindist to
11 keep the lawyers happy.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 WinErr 042: Virus error - A virus has been activated in a dos-box. The
18 virus, however, requires Windows. All tasks will automatically be closed
19 and the virus will be activated again.