From: 7v5w7go9ub0o <7v5w7go9ub0o@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Rooted/compromised Gentoo, seeking advice
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 19:00:28
1 On 08/09/10 12:25, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 []
3 > If anyone has advice on what I should look at forensically to
4 > determine the cause of this, it is appreciated. I'll first dig into
5 > the logs, bash history etc. and really hope that this very happened
6 > recently.
7 >
8 > Thanks for any tips and wish me good luck. :)
9
10 AntiVir (Avira) anti-malware scanner has hundreds of Linux rootkit/virus
11 signatures; you might scan your box with that. It has an on-access,
12 realtime monitor option as well, which I use it to monitor anything
13 downloaded and or compiled on my box (in case the distribution screen
14 gets hacked).
15
16 <http://www.free-av.com/en/download/download_servers.php>
17
18 Presuming you're rooted, you might first try their stand-alone, linux
19 live-disk scanner so as to avoid borked kernel and/or core utilities:
20
21 <http://www.free-av.com/en/tools/12/avira_antivir_rescue_system.html>