From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Allow work from home?
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2016 22:36:29
1 On Sun, 6 Mar 2016 12:05:17 -0800, Daniel Frey wrote:
2
3 > >> Ah, I wasn't aware. I am using it with KDE and haven't seen any
4 > >> issues.
5 > >
6 > > It works with KDE4 but not KDE5, so if you're on stable you'll be OK,
7 > > for now.
8 > >
9 > > http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:de-compat
13 > Good to know, thanks for that link. If it really comes down to it I can
14 > move to xfce on that server for what I use it for. I'm going to wait out
15 > on KDE5 anyhow, I did make an early jump to KDE4 (knowing there was
16 > issues) and don't particularly want to go through that again.
17
18 I held off on KDE4 and still fund it unusable for a few more releases.
19 KDE5 is nowhere near such a dramatic change, there were a few issues at
20 first but it's good now. I installed LXDE for x2go but XFCE will do just
21 as well.
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 When cryptography is outlawed, bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir cevinpl.