From: "Miroslav Flídr" <flidr@×××××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] usb storage transfer is very slow
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:26:42
1 Michal Kurgan napsal(a):
2 > Exactly this is the problem... so sync every sector.
3 > I have one question, how this work earlier? With sync i know when files where
4 > copied in realtime, not after the umount command (there is info that fat
5 > filesystem ignore sync option, then why it works differently with and
6 > without).
7
8 IMHO the old behaviour was that it synchronized the files and only upon
9 unmount the FAT table.
10
11 > Most suprising is that on gentoo we use hald, by default it uses "sync"
12 > option, as in my case. Whe developers made such big change and don't inform
13
14 I think all major distros so far use sync.
15
16 > anyone about this. Yes , there are some info but only in bugzillas reports by
17 > users who spotted it.
18
19 Yes there is not many info about this problem. When I encountered the
20 problem I lost many hours looking for the cause and solution of the problem.
21
22 > So where will by default it will work flawless...
23
24 I doubt that it will be changed in the near future :(.
27 Miroslav Flídr
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list