From: Michal Kurgan <linux_user@××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] usb storage transfer is very slow
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 20:17:15
1 On Tuesday 30 of August 2005 15:21, Miroslav Flídr wrote:
2 > Michal Kurgan napsal(a):
3 > > Exactly this is the problem... so sync every sector.
4 > > I have one question, how this work earlier? With sync i know when files
5 > > where copied in realtime, not after the umount command (there is info
6 > > that fat filesystem ignore sync option, then why it works differently
7 > > with and without).
8 >
9 > IMHO the old behaviour was that it synchronized the files and only upon
10 > unmount the FAT table.
11
12 Then why i saw difference?
13 But better not to try know too much...
14
15 > > So where will by default it will work flawless...
16 >
17 > I doubt that it will be changed in the near future :(.
18
19 I hope not.
20
21 > --