From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: console size/display anomaly
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 17:03:08
1 On 2020-10-30, John Blinka <john.blinka@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Thanks so much! That explanation would account for what I’m seeing. A
4 > quick tour of the tv’s setup menu and a glance at the documentation didn’t
5 > offer an obvious remedy, but your suggestions and knowing now to Google for
6 > “overscan” will help immensely.
7
8 Some TVs don't provide a remedy. Others do, but it may be something
9 pretty obscure. One of my LG TVs allows you to assign a "label" to
10 each input. The labels are selected from a pre-defined list. If you
11 select the "PC" label, it disables overscan. IIRC, this wasn't
12 documented anywhere (I stumbled across the info in a home-theater
13 forum). On my other LG, that doesn't work (there appears to be no way
14 to eliminate overscan).
17 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Is it clean in other
18 at dimensions?
19 gmail.com