From: John Blinka <john.blinka@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: console size/display anomaly
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 17:42:14
1 On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 1:03 PM Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
3
4 > On 2020-10-30, John Blinka <john.blinka@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > Some TVs don't provide a remedy. Others do, but it may be something
7 > pretty obscure. One of my LG TVs allows you to assign a "label" to
8 > each input. The labels are selected from a pre-defined list. If you
9 > select the "PC" label, it disables overscan. IIRC, this wasn't
10 > documented anywhere (I stumbled across the info in a home-theater
11 > forum). On my other LG, that doesn't work (there appears to be no way
12 > to eliminate overscan).
15 This beast is an LG 42 LS 5700. Some documentation hints that PC
16 connections may not use overscan. I’m using HDMI. Haven’t seen any input
17 labeling facility, but then haven’t been on the lookout for it, either.
18 Potentially useful.
19
20 Thanks!
21