From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: slow MTP in Thunar, was fine in Gnome
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2019 14:33:29
1 On 2019-09-11, Raffaele Belardi <raffaele.belardi@××.com> wrote:
2 > After my recent switch from Gnome to XFCE (both ~amd64) transferring
3 > files from the smartphone to the desktop via USB/MTP has become
4 > unbearably slow. From my understanding both Gnome (Nautilus?) and Thunar
5 > use gnome-base/gvfs which with mtp USE flag pulls in media-libs/libmtp
6 > so I don't understand why this big change in behavior. Any hints?
7
8 I've tried a number of MTP implementations on Linux, and none of them
9 have proven stable and reliable. IMO, you're better off installing an
10 ssh/scp server and using sftp or sshfs.
11
12 IIRC, there's a farily extensive recent thread on this.
15 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Are we live or on
16 at tape?
17 gmail.com