From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: emerging squid indefinitely
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 00:33:19
1 On Tue, 24 Nov 2015 23:39:01 +0100
2 lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
5 > ...
8 > Well, ok, the file is still locked.
9 >
10 > 'group-' looks like a backup, and 'group.lock' contains 10563, which
11 > is the pid of groupadd. I'd think that's ok.
12 >
13 > So what all does it take to create a system group? I suppose I could
14 > kill groupadd and the emerging might go on, though I wonder what the
15 > problem might be and if something else besides making an entry to
16 > /etc/group needs to be done. What might require an indefinite delay
17 > here?
18
19 Any unusual network activity? (DNS lookups that shouldn't be
20 happening, etc.)