From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Python precision
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 11:31:59
1 120921 Marc Joliet wrote:
2 > 120921 Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
3 >> Is that possible with Python ? -- ie a setting in ascript.py
4 >> to tell Python to display only the 1st 4 places in all output
5 >> without any further input from the user when doing the calculations;
6 >> presumably it wb a command s/he could enter when in interactive mode too.
7 > I couldn't find anything for regular python on the fly
8 > (except by using the "decimal" module, see
9 > http://docs.python.org/library/decimal.html#module-decimal
10
11 Yes, I found that too, but it requires typing 'Decimal' or 'D'
12 every time you want the shorter output (grimace).
13 What I would like is something which applies globally to the output,
14 but it looks as if there's nothing available.
15
16 I can do everything I need via the little script
17 -- I can predefine variables there ! --
18 & I don't mind loading "math" every time,
19 as I have no other present use for interactive Python.
20 I am now a bit ahead of where I was when I first asked (smile).
21
22 Thanks for this & the other reply.
26 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
27 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
28 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca