From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Linux Installers for Blizzard Products
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:22:20
1 On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 08:25:29 +1200
2 "Kent Fredric" <kentfredric@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On 6/14/07, Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > Hi, guys
6 > >
7 > > I hope some of you won't find this message too much spam-alike.
8 > > Today I accidentally found there is a petition on-line [1]. It
9 > > represents a request to Blizzard to include Linux installers in
10 > > their products. I thought the gamers from the list might be
11 > > interested in signing that petition. Even I'm not a gamer (anymore)
12 > > I signed it, because I hate it when big companies ignore the Linux
13 > > community.
16 > > [1] http://www.petitiononline.com/ibpfl/
19 > +Voted
20 >
21 > I argued I don't game any more _because_ of the lack of linux games
22 > that were not already bored with. HIstorically, game dev's argument
23 > has been along the lines of 'if they want to game, they'll just use
24 > windows, or get a console'.
25 >
26 > What they don't realize, is its possible many of us have simply lost
27 > interest in the gaming community simply because 'just use windows'
28 > isn't really viable for most of us :P
29 >
30 > And emulation sucks ass, good ol starcraft is only /just/ playable in
31 > all the emulators i've tried :( (Wine-family)
36 There is recent news on Id Software's site that the new technology
37 they are working on is based on Mac. More info:
38
39 http://www.idsoftware.com/
40
41 I lost my interest in games mostly because I have changed. There was a
42 time I wouldn't miss a new game for any reason. Now I haven't seen yet
43 even how does WOW look like. As I said it has nothing to do with Linux,
44 Licenses, policy etc. I just lost the thrill as the years passed by.
49 Best regards,
50 Daniel
53 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list