From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] applications cannot access anything on youtube
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 11:08:06
1 On Sun, 06 Mar 2022 05:20:07 -0500,
2 Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 >
4 > On Sunday, 6 March 2022 09:39:32 GMT John Covici wrote:
5 > > Hi. On my gentoo box, no application including ping can access
6 > > www.youtube.com. However, a dig is doing it correctly, so I can not
7 > > understand what is happening. A restart of named, gives me the same
8 > > result. This is very baffling to me. If I change the URL to just
9 > > youtube.com, it tries to work till the redirect to www.youtube.com and
10 > > then stops dead.
11 >
12 > The host name is youtube.com. The 'www' is just a prefix for humans to
13 > recognise; it has no real function any more, as far as I know.
14
15 Well, if I try to go to anything on youtube with the browser, it
16 redirects to www.youtube.com which is not accessible, except using
17 dig.
20 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
21 How do
22 you spend it?
23
24 John Covici wb2una