From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to stop X
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 07:59:48
1 On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 15:21:43 -0700, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2
3 > Several of you suggested "/etc/init.d/xdm start" or so to get it
4 > (re)started. It doesn't work. Instead the start-stop daemon
5 > complains of not being able to stat "/usr/bin/xdm" which doesn't
6 > exist. And no I didn't mispell it. I've never seen this before an
7 > I'm baffled.
8
9 /etc/init.d/xdm runs either xdm, gdm or kdm, depending on the setting
10 in /etc/conf.d/xdm. I suspect you may have inadvertently overwritten this
11 with etc-update or similar after an update, setting it back to the
12 default of xdm.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Things are more like they are today than they ever have been before.