From: Lavender <lavender_matrix@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re:Re: [gentoo-user] Can I send email under linux terminal?
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 13:16:00
1 >Well, there's more than one ways to achieve the same result.
2 >
3 >You can continue to use a webmail account with a text mode web browser. There
4 >are a few to choose from - some will work better than others:
5 >
6 > www-client/elinks
7 >
8 > www-client/links
9 >
10 > www-client/lynx
11 >
12 >Ha , the language I use is Chinese ,although I can install some kinds
13 of software to show Chinese under console I wouldn't like do it .
14 >
15 >Alternatively, you can use a mail client from within a console or an X
16 >terminal like:
17 >
18 > mail-client/mutt
19 >
20 > mail-client/alpine
21 >
22 > mail-client/pine
23 >
24 >Most of these require that you learn their respective key-binding commands,
25 >but have extensive documentation. mutt is probably used more widely these
26 >days and there are a few users in this M/L familiar with it.
27 >
28 So I think I should read documentation about mutt.
29 Thank you very much !