From: Eric Martin <freak4uxxx@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new box: 2 small puzzles (1 solved)
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 15:38:26
1 Another responder mentioned block sizes. Yes, that mb the problem.
2
3 > I'm new to USB sticks & haven't formatted them in any way:
4 > they seem to have an existing file system on them,
5 > but mb it's Fat32, which seems likely to be inefficient.
6 > So are there any standard recommendations for formatting them ?
7 > Do I simply do 'mke2fs' (the HDDs are formatted with ReiserFS) ?
8 > How about block size ? Thanks for the replies so far.
11 Sticks are usually formatted w/FAT16 as M$ is giving people a hard time
12 about FAT32 (which is even more inefficent.)