From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: What is up with the libreoffice ebuild?
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 16:04:05
1 On 2011-09-06, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 12:25:22 +0100, Stroller wrote:
3 >
4 >> Isn't CUPS really bug and bloaty and horrible?
5
6 It's definitely huge. It does however seem to work pretty well.
7
8 >> It has it's own web-interface, which one doesn't seem able to disable
9 >> - why can't I just configure text files?
10 >
11 > You can, or at least you could the last time I tried it.
12
13 You can, and in some cases you must. There are certain strings I
14 _have_ to put in the config files by hand because the webUI chokes on
15 them.
16
17 > The web interface only does anything if you load it into a browser.
18
19 And then it doesn't always do the right thing.
22 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! My vaseline is
23 at RUNNING...
24 gmail.com