From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Openoffice dies on startup
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 03:56:20
1 On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 10:58 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
3 >>
4 >> I hadn't used it for a month or so. Perhaps it got resentful.
5 >> Anyway, recent attempts to start any flavor of OpenOffice have failed
6 >> early.
7 >>
8 >> It does ask about plugins, and whether it shour restore my session,
9 >> but shortly after that it simply dies. There's no dialog box,
10 >> and nothing obvious in the log files.
11 >>
12 >> I've done revdep-rebuild, and its clean. Then I re-emerged
13 >> openoffice-bin (which is what I use). To no avail.
14 >>
15 >> Any ideas?
19 > Have you upgraded python recently? I upgraded mine a while back and OOo
20 > needed to recompile. You may want to run python-updater and check what it
21 > says. It may be something else that OOo depends on that needs to recompile.
22 > Not real sure since you use the binary version.
23 >
24 > Hope that helps.
25 >
26 > Dale
29 You may be right. I tried to recompile OOo, and it pulled in 8 or so packages
30 that OOo-bin hadn't. Unfortunately, the compile eventually failed.
31
32 I'm running python-updater now. I'll report results.
33
34 ++ kevin
38 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD