From: Matthias Langer <mlangc@×××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I modify work list of emerge --resume?
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 18:53:23
1 On Sun, 2006-09-10 at 11:21 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I was 8 hours through the emerge -eav world part of upgrading gcc
4 > when it hit the pysol package it's not happy with. The messages are
5 > telling me I need to recompile python with Tkinter support and asked
6 > me to add dev/lang/python X tk to package.use, which I did. However
7 > emerge --resume won't go back and recompile python at this point and
8 > if I start over it's a 575 package compile job and I was already
9 > through about 200 of the packages.
10 >
11 > Is there any way to get python updated and then to resume the
12 > remaining 375 packages where I am currently stopped?
13 >
14 > Can I somehow save the file emerge --resume is currently using,
15 > emerge python with the changes, and then put the current worl list
16 > back in?
17 >
18 > Better yet, can I somehow remove pysol from the list so the emerge
19 > --resume just stoarts from the next package?
20 >
21 Try "emerge --resume --skipfirst" and care about that python stuff
22 later ...
23
24 HTH,
25 Matthias