From: Bruno Lustosa <bruno.lists@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox and Java bringing X down
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:49:44
1 > > I thought X clients shouldn't bring the X server down, but this is
2 > > clearly what's happening here. I can reproduce it everytime.
3 > > I don't even know where to start looking.
4 > >
5 > > Does anyone ever had a problem similar to this?
6 > >
7 > I've noticed the same thing starting last Tuesday (I'm ~x86).
8 > Hopefully we can trace this down this weekend...
9
10 Just as an update.
11 I downgraded my Xorg to 7.0-r1 so I could use the binary nvidia
12 drivers, and the Java problem also went away.
13 Seems to be an issue with the new Xorg.
16 Bruno Lustosa <bruno@×××××××.net>
17 http://www.lustosa.net/
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list