From: Roy Wright <royw@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox and Java bringing X down
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 05:01:33
1 Bruno Lustosa wrote:
2 > Just as an update.
3 > I downgraded my Xorg to 7.0-r1 so I could use the binary nvidia
4 > drivers, and the Java problem also went away.
5 > Seems to be an issue with the new Xorg.
6 >
7 Just a follow up. I was experiencing the problem with xorg 7.0. I tried
8 lots of permutations, firefox source build, firefox-bin, rebuilding java
9 1.4/1.5
10 with/without nsplugin. No joy.
11
12 But the problem went away after recently upgrading to the new java system.
13 Basically running sun-jdk-1.4 for system, and 1.5 for user.
14
15 So my guess is it was some java mis-match.
16
17 HTH,
18 Roy
19 --