From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how thorough is #emerge --sync?
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:07:52
1 > # echo "media-sound/dir2ogg ~x86" >>
2 > /etc/portage/package.keywords
3 >
4 > and that will install dir2ogg-0.9.1.
5
6 Not yet. There's gotta be more to it than that.
7
8 I ran the above command then did #emerge -C dir2ogg
9 then #emerge -pv dir2ogg:
10
11 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
12
13 Calculating dependencies... done!
14 [ebuild N ] media-sound/dir2ogg-0.8 0 kB
17 >From man make.conf there is this, the only mention of
18 /etc/portage:
19
20 suidctl
21 Before merging packages to the live filesystem,
22 automatically strip setuid bits from any file that is
23 not listed in /etc/portage/suidctl.conf.
24
25 So, if portage is supposed to read package.keywords I
26 don't know where the link would be made.
27
28 -Maxim
32 Do You Yahoo!?
33 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
34 http://mail.yahoo.com
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list