From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Best way to determine what video card I have?
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 10:10:36
1 On Mittwoch 10 Juni 2009, James Homuth wrote:
2 > -----Original Message-----
3 > From: Mike Kazantsev [mailto:mk.fraggod@×××××.com]
4 > Sent: June 10, 2009 3:41 AM
5 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
6 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Best way to determine what video card I have?
7 >
8 > On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 03:35:58 -0400
9 >
10 > "James Homuth" <james@×××××××.com> wrote:
11 > > Lspci worked. Now to figure out how in the hell to get my apparently
12 > > intel integrated graphics card to play nice with Gnome+X. Is there a
13 > > video_card= option for that? The only examples the docs give are for ATI
14 >
15 > and Nvidia.
16 >
17 > > This is a laptop, if it makes any kind of difference.
18 >
19 > echo 'VIDEO_CARDS="i810 intel"' >> /etc/make.conf
20 >
21 > (i810 is for older ebuilds only)
22 >
23 > Then just re-emerge X, I presume?
24
25 no, mesa. And install the intel drivers.