From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Audio Equalizer for a DAC ?
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 14:34:37
1 On 04/18 07:24, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 5:56 AM <tuxic@××××××.de> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Hi,
5 > >
6 > > Finally I got a FIIO E10K DAC running with my Gentoo Linux and ALSA.
7 >
8 > <SNIP>
9 >
10 > > Is there any equaliser software available, which processes the audio
11 > > data instead?
12 > >
13 > > Is my configuration still incomplete?
16 > If you're looking for system wide equalization using Alsa then I don't know
17 > of an answer.
18 >
19 > If you're looking to play a CD or mp3 then look for an app with an
20 > equalizer built in.
21 >
22 > If you want system wide equalization then you'll want to investigate Jack.
23 > Start with QJackCtl and build your audio path using whatever plugins
24 > (equalizers, compressors, sprectrum analyzers, etc.) you are interested in.
25 >
26 > I run Jack full time on my laptop using a Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen which is
27 > somewhat like your USB device. I do not require any system wide
28 > equalization on my system though.
29 >
30 > HTH,
31 > Mark
32
33 Hi Mark,
34
35 could suggest an equaliser for jack...whatever it may be?
36
37 Cheers!
38 Meino