From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Audio Equalizer for a DAC ?
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 14:24:49
1 On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 5:56 AM <tuxic@××××××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > Finally I got a FIIO E10K DAC running with my Gentoo Linux and ALSA.
6
7 <SNIP>
8
9 > Is there any equaliser software available, which processes the audio
10 > data instead?
11 >
12 > Is my configuration still incomplete?
15 If you're looking for system wide equalization using Alsa then I don't know
16 of an answer.
17
18 If you're looking to play a CD or mp3 then look for an app with an
19 equalizer built in.
20
21 If you want system wide equalization then you'll want to investigate Jack.
22 Start with QJackCtl and build your audio path using whatever plugins
23 (equalizers, compressors, sprectrum analyzers, etc.) you are interested in.
24
25 I run Jack full time on my laptop using a Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen which is
26 somewhat like your USB device. I do not require any system wide
27 equalization on my system though.
28
29 HTH,
30 Mark